Sunday, September 12, 2010

Some pictures

This week has been an easy week for training, but I will not talk about it so much as I have been lately...

I've felt good, but a bit tired this week.  Raced Friday, but didn't feel very fresh.  It is okay though because last week was very hard.  I rested yesterday and today because I have a cold and my coach Sverre Walter Kaas said it would be a good idea.

Yesterday was a promotional event for nordic skiing put on by some of the Norwegian national team, the coach, and some of the wax techs for the national team.  It was very cool.  The highlight for me was taking a few pictures with Olympic team sprint gold medalist Øystein "Pølsa" Pettersen.  The missing member of the gold medal sprint team was Petter Northug.  He did not make it unfortunately... Maybe next time.

The biggest news is I have finally started school! I started school in Friday.  I am starting in the 2nd out of 3 classes or 12 grade out of 12 grades because of my age.  I was a bit disappointed I couldn't start in the 3rd class but I suppose I will get over it.  It was a good first day.  I met some of the kids in my class 2-A who seemed pretty nice.  There were a few girls who were very welcoming and showed me around the school and some of my other classes a bit.  I saw and talked with many people I already know at school as well, and met a bunch more people.  I am really looking forward to school because I know I will be making many more friends other than skiers and I will also learn Norwegian faster.  A good start to a good school year. 

Today I went to the ocean with Marianne because we wanted a bit of easy exercise and fresh air since we both have a cold.  I took some decent pictures down by the ocean.  Here are a bunch of the pictures...
Some of the members of the Norwegian national team


me with olympic gold medalist Øystein "Pølsa" Pettersen

Me, Pølse, Marianne, and Victoria

Promotional waxing bus for the national team.  Pretty cool I think...

Again... Pretty Badass trailer...

Ocean in Oslo

Looking towards the city

Where many people are keeping their boats.  Probably coming out soon I might add

Pretty sunny and nice out today.  Maybe the last real summery day

End of the peninsula

There were many other people out enjoying the sunny day as well.

To conclude our outing, Marianne and I went to a Bakery and had an espresso and chocolate chip scone each and biked home.  Not a bad way to spend a Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet trailer! Good to see how you're doing. Looks like you're having an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete